Governor John Bel Edwards announced that Louisiana would go back to Phase 2 with modified restrictions, effective Wednesday, November 25. The announcement comes as cases continue to rise in Louisiana.
The modified restrictions to Phase 2 are outlined below:
- Sports events limited to 25% capacity
- Restaurants, gyms, casinos, non-essential retail limited to 50% capacity
- Churches and places of worship limited to 75% capacity
- Bars can allow up to 25% capacity indoors in parishes with a sustained positivity rate below 5%. Parishes with positivity rates higher than 5% can allow only outdoor seating at bars, up to 50 people.
- Event centers limited to 25% (up to 75 people at indoor venues and up to 150 at outdoor venues where social distancing is not possible)
- Mask mandate remains in place
- Employers suggested to maximize remote work when possible
- Families asked to engage in "safe" activities, do not gather with people from outside households