Governor John Bel Edwards announced that Louisiana will enter into Phase 3 of reopening on Friday, September 11. Learn more about what restrictions are being lifted below.
- Mask mandate will remain in place.
- Restaurants, churches, salons, spas and gyms can operate at a capacity of 75% with social distancing required.
- Bars in parishes with a 5% positive rate or lower for two consecutive weeks can reopen under local government permission. They can have 25% capacity, up to 50 people indoors. Social distancing is still required both inside and outside. Patrons must be seated and must order at the table. Service will end at 10 pm before bar closure at 11 pm.
- Indoor gatherings, like weddings and birthday parties, can operate with 50% capacity of up to 250 people.
- Alcohol sales for on-site locations, including restaurants, bars, casinos and event halls, end at 10 pm.
- Live music will still not be allowed indoors.
- Some nursing homes in parishes with 5% positivity rates or less could be eligible for a 28-day outdoor visitation program.
- Casinos will stay at 50% capacity, which is no change under the new order.